Paleo for weight loss, performance and disease prevention. Read my full review here.
Box jumps are a plyometric exercise to increase strength, stamina and vertical jump height.
How to do a Box Jump:
- Crouch down
- Leap explosively
- Land softly and controlled (like a cat) onto raised platform
- Stand up straight
- Jump back down.
- Reduce the platform height by using a lower box;
- Go closer to the box;
- Perform a step-up (alternate legs for a balanced workout)
- Increase the height of the platform;
- Land in a deep squat;
- Wear a weighted vest, or hold a dumbbell/kettlebell;
- Increase the distance between the platform and starting position
Last updated on August 28, 2010 by Darryl Edwards