"If you are looking for a simple way to better understand Paleo concepts, Darryl's Paleo from A to Z guide is the go-to resource."
-Mark Sisson, best-selling author of The Primal Blueprint and publisher of Mark's Daily Apple
Entries in Pull-Ups (17)
12 rounds of:
5 x 60kg (132lbs) Deadlifts
5 x Strict Pull-Ups
5 x Clap Push-Ups
5 x Jump Squats
5 x 16kg (each arm) Dumbbell Push-Up --> Squat Clean --> Push-Press
300 Reps in total.
*Aim to complete in less than 30 minutes
10, 20 and 30 sec 100% effort Sprints or (Treadmill Drivers)
This is a partner based workout. 2 people are to complete a total of 200 (100 each) dead-hang pull-ups. Reps must be completed alternatively one rep at a time.
Person 1 jumps to bar, completes 1 rep, drops off bar then person 2 jumps to bar, completes 1 rep, drops off bar - repeat this cycle until 100 reps have been completed per person.
Pull-Up - must start as dead-hang to chin over bar for rep to count. Any grip allowed (I would advise changing grip throughout).
Aim to complete total reps in less than 15 minutes.
Darryl & Kirk : Completed in 9:56
Please scale all Fitness Explorer workouts to your current ability. Get adequate rest and sufficient nutrition to fuel the activity and to aid in recovery. Work hard and play hard but never sacrifice correct form.
Please visit the exercise FAQ for details on individual exercises or consult the advice of a registered exercise professional to ensure safe execution of the above movements.
If you are new to this mode of exercise, try one of the beginner's circuits
Perform a warmup prior to activity, here's an example Fitness Explorer warmup
- 10 min moderate row (substitute skipping/jump rope or run)
- 15s full hang then 5 pull-ups - (shoulder width, overhand grip) - rest for 60s
- 45s high hang (with chin over bar), then 2 Pull-ups (wide, overhand grip) - rest for 60s
- 30s full hang with knees raised (shoulder width, overhand grip) - rest for 30s
- 10 Pull-Ups, then 30s full hang (narrow underhand grip) - 2 min rest
- 30s mid hang (bend at elbows) hang (wide underhand grip), 5 Pull-Ups - 1 min rest
- 5 pull-ups diagonal left, 5 pull-ups diagonal right - aka Mountain Climbers (wide overhand grip) - 2 min rest
- Bent Arm Knee to Elbow (twist) - 5 left twist, 5 right twist - 1 min rest
- 7 Pull-ups (underhand grip) - 1 min rest.
- 15s (bend at elbows) - knee raise hang, 15s full hang, 15s knee hang, rest for 30s.
- 5 Pull-ups (wide, overhand grip) - rest for 30s.
- 7 Bar Muscle-Ups